ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
|1||Bwindi NP||Mahogany Springs||LDBB||Trsf|
|2||Bwindi NP||Mahogany Springs||LDBB||GT|
|3||Entebbe||Hotel No. 5 dayroom||LDBB||Trsf, Departure Transfer|
L-Lunch, D-Dinner, BB-Bed and breakfast, LDBB-Lunch, dinner, bed and breakfast, Trsf-Transfer, E-Early morning game drive, A-Morning game drive, P-Afternoon game drive, HDS-Half Day sightseeing, FDS-Full Day Sightseeing, GT-Gorilla tracking, CT-Chimpanzee tracking, BT-Boat trip, CV-Community village visit.
- Bwindi has over 459 out of 1063 gorillas remaining in the world according to 2018 Gorilla Population Census, In Bwindi the Gorillas live in upto 50 different gorilla groups each with a dominant silverback.
- Bwindi National Park offers some of the best montane- forest bird watching in Africa with about 350 recorded different species including rare ones.
Day 1 Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
Your guide will pick you up at 0630hrs and drive to the Airport for your 0745hrs flight out to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. You will land at Kisoro airstrip at 0855hrs and transfer for about 2 hrs to Chameleon Hill Lodge, your base for Gorilla tracking for the next 2 nights. This rainforest is located in south-western Uganda, at the junction of the plain and mountain forests. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park covers 32,000 ha and is known for its exceptional biodiversity, with more than 160 species of trees and over 100 species of ferns. Many types of birds and butterflies can also be found there, as well as many endangered species, including the mountain gorilla. There are 23 of the 24 Albertine rift endemics including the African green broadbill, bar tailed trogon and other beautiful forest species.
Mahogany Springs offers privacy and serenity blended with optimal comfort in a spectacular setting. With some of the most luxurious accommodation in East Africa the feeling that you will experience when staying here is beyond compare. While here it's the little touches that make the big difference, from the tiny details in the design of the lodge through to the unrivalled service levels.
Overnight Mahogany Springs (LDBB)
Day 2 Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
Today after an energizing breakfast, you will embark on your gorilla trek. Before 8 am report to the ranger station for registration and briefing by one of the rangers; the guides will then lead you through the undergrowth, parting thick creepers, to track the gorillas. The trek can take anywhere from half an hour to 7 hours – a reasonable degree of fitness is required as well as a sturdy pair of walking boots. It is an extraordinary feeling sitting in the dense rain forest knowing you are with a few of the last remaining mountain gorillas – sadly enough there are only about 650 of these beautiful creatures left. You are allowed exactly one hour with the gorillas before returning to the base station.
Overnight Mahogany Springs (LDBB)
Day 3 Entebbe-Departure
After your breakfast, your guide will transfer you to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Entebbe. You will then be picked and taken to the airport to catch your flight back home. Incase your flight is late in the evening we can book for you a day room at Hotel No.5.
Optional Dayroom at Hotel No.5
Our prices vary depending on the itinerary and the number of people on the trip. We try to make our prices all-inclusive so that our clients are not reaching for their wallets all the time. The 4x4 Land Cruiser and safari guide will be at your exclusive use throughout the safari which provides you with great flexibility. Your guide will accompany you throughout your safari, assist you with check-in at your accommodation and share his knowledge with you on flora and fauna of Uganda. The only things currently not included are guest drinks and items of a personal nature (souvenirs, tips, etc).
|Per Person Cost||Total Safari Cost|
|Each of 1 pax paying US$2,620||$2,620|
|Each of 2 pax sharing paying US$2,000||$4,000|
|Each of 3 pax sharing paying US$2,065||$6,194|
|Each of 4 pax sharing paying US$1,975||$7,900|
|Each of 5 pax sharing paying US$1,972||$9,861|
|Each of 6 pax sharing paying US$1,920||$11,521|
|Each of 7 pax sharing paying US$1,926||$13,482|
- All ground transportation and fuel and transfers as per itinerary
- All meals as specified in this itinerary
- Accommodations as noted in this itinerary
- 1 litre bottle of mineral water per person per day while on a road safari in a SAFARI CHAPTER UGANDA vehicle
- Activities as indicated in the itinerary
- All game drives in 4 wheel drive vehicles
- Ranger guide fees
- 2 Nights’ accommodation at Chameleon Hill Lodge on fullboard basis
- Park & conservation fees
- All applicable taxes, administration and banking fees
- 1 Gorilla permit per person.Gorilla viewing is subject to availability of permits, which are limited; any additional gorilla permits required should be purchased when booking. Gorilla permit prices are subject to change without warning.
- charter flights
Excluded In Land Cost
- International flights
- All airport departure taxes
- All passport and visa fees (USD50 )
- All meals not specified on this itinerary
- Specialty wines, spirits and champagne throughout this itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, etc.
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel / medical insurance
- Laundry in Entebbe/Kampala
- Gratuities for Guide/driver / hotel staff
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control.
Refunds for Unused Portions of Trip
No refunds can be made for any accommodations, services, or features not taken. If cancellation occurs while the trip is in progress, there will be no refund for any unused portion.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- To confirm Gorilla Permits $600 per person for safaris happening before 1st July 2020 and $700 for those happening later than July 2020
- Deposit at time of Safari confirmation 30% of total safari costs including air charters
- 45 Days Prior to Departure Balance
- Non-refundable cancellation charge $500 per person
- Non-refundable at time of trip confirmation 25% of total safari costs including air charters
- 31-45 days before departure 50% of the total Safari Cost
- 30 days or less before departure No Refund