This morning you are picked up at 0800hrs from Kampala and we will depart by car for Queen Elizabeth National park with lunch in Mbarara.
This National Park covers 1,978 sq km and lies north and south of the equator in southwestern Uganda. From open savannah to rainforest, from dense papyrus swamps and brooding crater lakes to the vastness of Lake Edward, it is little wonder that Queen Elizabeth National Park boasts one of the highest biodiversity ratings of any game reserve in the world. Almost 100 mammal species and a remarkable 606 bird species makes this superb safari territory, with elephant, a profusion of hippos, the elusive giant forest hog and handsome Uganda kob all regularly sighted around the tourist village on the Mweya Peninsula - which also boasts a marvelous waterfront setting in the shadow of the Rwenzori Mountains. Bird species include the martial eagle, black-rumped buttonquail, Verreaux’s eagle owl and African skimmer to name but a few.
Overnight at Jacana Safari Lodge (FB)
Morning Game drives with early breakfast. Head back to the lodge for lunch and later in the afternoon embark one of the boats for a boat trip. This will allow you to experience wildlife up close where hippos huff and spray mere feet away, buffalo linger in the shallows and a tremendous variety of birds grace the grasses on the river’s edge. Amongst those you will see are the malachite and pied kingfishers, great white and pink-backed pelicans and the open-billed stork. With some luck you will even spot elephants on the river banks coming for a drink and a bath. We return to the lodge for dinner.
Overnight at Jacana Safari Lodge (FB)
We return to Kampala (about 8 hrs drive) Transfer to Kampala to your hotel or to the Airport for your flight out. BL
Uganda is a developing country while we endeavor to make the itinerary as accurate as possible, it should be considered as an approximate schedule of activities rather than a rigid schedule of events. Trip itineraries are subject to revision due to weather, trail conditions, government and local restrictions, animal movement and other reasons beyond our control. In addition, frequent reconnaissances of routes sometimes determine a better routing. We do our best to ascertain the most beautiful and best route possible throughout your safari with us.
The cost of this private safari for 2 people, as described in the itinerary will come up to:
Each of 2 persons in twin room : US$1,185 Sharing
Total costs US$2,370.00
Safari itinerary can only be guaranteed once a given deposit payment has reached our accounts.
Our prices vary depending on the itinerary and the number of people on the trip. We try to make our prices all-inclusive so that our clients are not reaching for their wallets all the time. The 4x4 Land Cruiser and safari guide will be at your exclusive use throughout the safari which provides you with great flexibility. Your guide will accompany you throughout your safari, assist you with check-in at your accommodation and share his knowledge with you on flora and fauna of Uganda. The only things currently not included are guest drinks and items of a personal nature (souvenirs, tips, etc).
- all ground transportation and fuel and transfers as per itinerary
- all meals as specified in this itinerary (except hotels in Kampala or Entebbe which are generally B&B)
- accommodations as noted in this itinerary (or similar)
- water, snacks, tea and coffee in the vehicle
- activities as indicated in the itinerary
- all game drives in a shared 4 wheel drive vehicle
- ranger guide fees
- park & conservation fees
- all applicable taxes, administration and banking fees
- charter flights subject to change due to fuel increase
Not Included In Land Cost
- International flights
- All airport departure taxes
- All passport and visa fees (USD50 )
- All meals not specified on this itinerary
- All drinks including alcoholic beverages
- Specialty wines, spirits and champagne throughout this itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, etc.
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel / medical insurance
- Laundry in Entebbe/Kampala
- Gratuities for Guide/driver / hotel staff
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control